HC Truck Driver Job Available – Melbourne
HEAVY COMBINATION (HC) TRUCK DRIVER is required for immediate start for a busy transfer station located in Cheltenham (Bayside area in Melbourne).
The successful applicant is required to have experience driving Road Rangers with walking floor trailers with Waste Industry experience being advantageous. Our business operates 7 days a week, with the opportunity for paid regular overtime. We are seeking a candidate who is a team player who is self-motivated and able to carry out work unsupervised.
- Perform and record daily vehicle pre-start and post-checks
- Report all maintenance issues to the supervisor
- Ensure the correct weight of the transported trailer
- Ensure trailer is tarped and safe for transportation
- Empty walking floor at designated landfill or recycling centre
- Transport and empty hook bins to designated recycling centres
- Be physically able to complete tarping/de-tarping of bins and trailers, secure loads on trucks
- Reliable, trustworthy and have a positive ‘can do attitude’, flexible to change, efficient, and ability to problem solve emerging issues
- Willingness to work as part of a successful team and a commitment to safety
- Preferred understanding of the waste industry, however, full training will be provided to successful applicants
- Immediate start
- Must be available for early morning starts
- Be able to work Saturdays and or Sundays
The successful applicant will have the following skills and attributes:
- HC Road Ranger Licence – minimum 2 years experience – excellent driving history.
- Experience with operating walking floor trailers
- Experience in the Waste Industry is an advantage
- Reliable and Punctual
- OH&S minded
- Excellent customer service & organisational skills
- Carry out instructions
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years Heavy Combination licence held?
- Are you willing to provide a copy of your driving record history?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Experience driving Walking Floor Trailers.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Applications (including resume and references) and queries should be sent to – email@example.com