EXCAVATOR OPERATOR – Job Available – Melbourne
Experienced Excavator Operator required for immediate start at our busy transfer station located in Cheltenham (Bayside area). The successful applicant will ideally have 3 years of experience operating a large 20-tonne Hydraulic Excavator using different attachments. Experience in the waste industry is advantageous.
Our business operates 6 days a week, with the opportunity for regular paid overtime.
We are seeking a safety-conscious Heavy Equipment Operator who can operate 320GC CAT and Front-end Loaders, Backhoe, Forklifts (in the yard) to join our team. An organised team player who is self-motivated and able to carry out work unsupervised.
Skills and Attributes:
- 2 to 3 years experience operating an Excavator.
- Knowledge of Excavator and other heavy equipment.
- Efficiently operate hydraulic excavator, front loaders, wheel loaders and forklift.
- HR Truck Licence advantageous
- Waste industry experience advantageous
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent hand, eye, and foot coordination
- Ability to bend, stretch, lift up 20kg
- Attention to detail
- Ensure waste products sorting is in accordance with EPA waste codes
- Ensure waste stockpiles are not beyond Emergency Management Plan limits
- Completion of assigned tasks
Duties & Tasks
- Waste/Demolition sorting using an excavator
- Performs daily prestart and basic maintenance, and safety checks of equipment
- Selecting, fitting, and removing attachments such as buckets and grabs
- Preparing and positioning plant for operation on site
- Sorting and stockpiling materials
- Stockpiling and ramping
- Loading trucks
- Feeding Screening & sorting Equipment
- Operate the machine and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
- Working in/around a busy yard
- Direct customer traffic/tipping load
- Adhering to site guidelines and safety procedures
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
- Work with ground personnel
- Performs miscellaneous general labour job-related duties as assigned
- Have a safety focus and positive attitude
- NOHSC7019 Certificate of Competence
- RIIMPO301E Conduct hydraulic excavator operations, or
- RIIMPO320F Conduct civil construction excavator operations
- TLILIC0003 License to operate a forklift truck (LF) advantageous
- Victorian Drivers Licence (Full licence with good driving history)
- Heavy Rigid Drivers Licence (beneficial)
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of experience do you have in this or a similar role?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- What’s your expected hourly rate?
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Applications (including resume and references) and queries should be sent to – firstname.lastname@example.org